All professionals at Fontaine Center maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Dr. Teresa D. Allen
Almost two decades ago, I entered the medical profession to help sick people get well-and to help well people stay that way. A lot has changed in my profession which, in my opinion, has served to defeat that basic mission.
In today's managed care environment, the typical family physician simply isn't allowed the time he or she needs to practice what I call "good medicine" -- the kind that pays as much attention to preventing poor health and restoring good health as it does to diagnosing and treating illness.
For most patients, it takes years to get to the point where they no longer feel healthy. There is no "magic pill" I can give anyone for restoring a youthful, healthy and vigorous lifestyle. It is a journey back to good health that takes commitment from both physician and patient.
The specialized field of wellness medicine that I am committed to demands hours of my time researching and evaluating your specific health goals and needs. I founded the Fontaine Center to serve patients who want more than just “disease management.”
I would be honored by the opportunity to serve you.
Dr. Teresa D. Allen
NAME Teresa D. Allen, D.O.
• NOVA Southeastern University - College of Osteopathic Medicine, D.O., 1989, with Honors
• University of Florida, BSN, Nursing, 1984, with Honors
• Troy State University, ASN, Nursing, 1981, Magna Cum Laude
POST GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
• Internal Medicine Residency Program - Internal Medicine Resident University of Alabama Birmingham at Montgomery, 1992
• University of Alabama Birmingham at Montgomery, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Instructor of Medicine, 1992
• The American Osteopathic Association Prolotherapy Integrative Pain Management (AOAPIPM)
• International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM)
• American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology (ABCMT)
• American Osteopathic Association (AOA)